Chicago White Sox (17)
RHP: Greg Aquino (AAA), Ryan Braun (AAA), Charlis Burdie (Hi A), Mariano Chevalier (DSL), Clevelan Santeliz (AAA), Matt Zaleski (AAA)
LHP: Randy Williams (AAA)
C: Cole Armstrong (AA), Adam Ricks (AAA)
1B: Ian Gac (Lo A)
2B: Fernando Cortez (AAA)
SS: Luis Rodriguez (AAA)
OF: Buck Coats (AAA), Josh Kroeger (AAA), Miguel Negron (AA), Jeremy Reed (AAA), Salvador Sanchez (AA)
November 10, 2010
August 15, 2010
In a bit of “you heard it here first,” the White Sox are pulling a Sergio Santos and converting another position player into a pitcher. Whom do you ask? Non other than 28 year old outfielder Miguel Negron. Negron is listed on the Barons DL, but that is dubious because he’s in the process of conversion. … I was told by a member of the front office that Negron looks as if he’s throwing in the high 90’s. I trust this person’s baseball acumen enough to take his word for it. One other thing…Negron throws left handed. One thing I know for sure is that Negron has a cannon and a right fielder’s arm, he just has the range of a center fielder.
January 8, 2010
– Sox Minor Leaguer suspended 50 games
– Jim has some minor-league notes from Phil Rogers’ Baseball America chat (Trayce Thompson, Daniel Hudson, Clevelan Santeliz, John Ely, Dan Remenowsky, Josh Phegley, Santos Rodriguez, Charles Leesman, Sergio Santos, Jose Martinez, Ryan Buch).
– Fangraphs adds CHONE projections.
– Jonah Keri on Tim Raines.
– Dan Shaughnessy get the FJM treatment from Patrick Sullivan.