Support for struggling White Sox infielders Gordon Beckham and Brent Morel continued to come in Tuesday from manager Robin Ventura.
But as the calendar turns from April to May and with Morel (.182) and Beckham (.190) sitting a few games of consistent hitting below the Mendoza line, even following Beckham’s three-hit effort in Tuesday’s 7-2 victory over the Indians, that unconditional support from Ventura soon might be slightly altered.”Eventually you probably have to do something,” said Ventura before the series opener with the Indians. “Right now I’m believing what I see and talking to them.
“I want to know what they’re thinking, too. I’m still confident they’re going to perform. Eventually it gets to the point where you would have to make a move if it would stay like that, but right now I’m not going to do that.” …
I don’t think Ventura has good replacements available though.
Other White Sox links:
- Chris posts a very detailed followup to his AAA-Charlotte public subsidies pursuit story.
- J.J. wonders if the struggling Hector Santiago still has Ventura’s trust to close.
- James looks at the new and improved Adam Dunn.
- Fangraphs’ Chris Cwik looks at the new and improved Jake Peavy.
- FutureSox looks at April’s hot Sox prospects.