No XBHs tonight. Offense took the night off after yesterday’s exhausting 1 XBH game.
|Chi White Sox
Pitch F/X: (more…)
13. White Sox — Bryce Brentz, OF, Middle Tennessee State
MLB Draft Central’s scouting report/video on Brentz:
Hitting ability: Brentz has a short, compact stroke and could become an above-average hitter.
UPDATE: Here’s FutureSox’ Draft roundup.
- 50 PA: Swing%
- 100 PA: Contact Rate
- 150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
- 200 PA: Walk Rate, Ground Ball Rate, GB/FB
- 250 PA: Fly Ball Rate
- 300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
- 500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
- 550 PA: ISO
- 150 BF – K/PA, grounder rate, line drive rate
- 200 BF – flyball rate, GB/FB
- 500 BF – K/BB, pop up rate
- 550 BF – BB/PA
In case it’s not obvious, you can tell a lot more about a hitter from one year of data than you can about a pitcher. All this data is from research that Pizza Cutter conducted, which can be found in the links below. If a statistic is not included, the means it did not stabilize over the intervals that Pizza Cutter tested (which was up to 750 PA / BF).
PA = Plate Appearance, BF = Batters Faced
“If he signs [with the White Sox] I would be with him for one month in spring training,” Ozzie said. “That would also mean my wife would be there for a month. I don’t think that would be a nice thing to happen.”
You better hope your wife doesn’t read this Ozzie.