- Gordon Beckham will stay at the 2nd post of the batting order.
- More on the Opening Day starter.
- Matt Thornton takes over Merkin’s mailbag.
- SoxFest news: Bobby Jenks looks good, Ozzie Guillen is a jackass, Carlos Quentin wasn’t there, J.J. Putz is recovering, A.J. Pierzynski went to Africa. From Merkin and Reifert: Reifert is taking questions for Kenny and Ozzie and former Sox greats. Kenny is proud for Bobby. The Go-Go Sox are coming back says Ozzie. Hawk likes his kindle. Juan Pierre is a heavy hitter. Gonzales and Cowley: Peavy can’t afford pants. Ozzie wants Alexei to eat Vizquel’s brain. More SoxFest here.
- Kenny on Jared Mitchell: it’ll be a “little while” till he reaches majors.
- Alexei Ramirez says Dayan Viciedo looks incredible. I hope he has lots of Cuban pride.
- J.J. Putz is looking for an intro song suggestions.
- Scot Gregor is taking questions you want him to ask at Sox Spring Training.
- Gordon Beckham and Jeff Cox were working the phones. Beltin’ Bill Melton too.
- Jon Heyman says “Andruw Jones is said to be in the best shape he’s been in for a decade.”
The Phillies have reached an agreement with Jose Contreras to a one-year deal, according to Enrique Rojas of ESPN. The deal is pending a physical.
Craig Calcaterra says if Jose replaces Moyer the signing is a ‘youth movement.” I love Jose but I’m not so sure he is younger than Moyer Craig.
The Twins have interest in free agent slugger Jim Thome, according to Joe Christensen of the Star Tribune. Christensen writes that the Twins are bargain hunting and if Thome is willing to come at the right price, there could be a match. A Twins official confirmed the club’s interest, which was first reported by a Chicago radio station.
Aaron Gleeman’s take.
I told you 2010 will suck. Damn you Kenny?
Big Jim video.